File Attachments on iPad
Add attachments to your notes to have the documents where they work best!
You can easily send the files from third-party apps to Outline.
• Use Box, Dropbox, e-mail and Safari apps to send the files to Outline.
• Tap Share icon and select Open in from the pop-over.
• Once exporting is done, tap Outline icon in the window that appears.
• Outline will open automatically. The file you've sent to the app will be available in the Inbox. Small red "1" will appear in the Inbox icon.
• Tap the Inbox icon to see the attachments sent to Outline. Long-tap the attachment and drag to the page where you want to insert your attachment.
• Tap once to get the Trash icon, tap it to remove the attachment from the Inbox.
• PDF can be inserted as attachments or as printouts. You can printout the multi-page PDF on one page or to get page-to-page printing - this way one page in Outline section will correspond to one page of your PDF.
NOTE: In case you insert the attachments as files, it is only possible to open and view those
files with corresponding third-party apps. The file opens by double-tap.
Tap + icon at the right side of the page and select Add Image.
You'll be offered to choose an image from your Photos images.
Select the corresponding option when tapping + icon > make the photo > Use Photo.
The photo will be inserted to the current page.
Add Attachment feature allows to insert files from cloud storages:
1. Install your cloud storage app to your iPad;
2. In Outline open the page that you want the attachment to be added to > tap "+" > "Add Attachment" > log in if needed > select the file.
3. Attachments get pasted at the bottom of the page. You can now move it across the page to fit in.