How to restore a notebook closed in Outline
Please note: if you close the local notebook in iPad Outline, it will be lost. Make sure you have the backups enabled when working with local notebooks on iPad.
1. How to restore local notebooks closed in Outline
You can also have the cloud synced notebooks. Such notebooks are located on the cloud storage and Outline opens their local copies. Cloud synced notebooks can always be opened from the cloud, even from another device.)
A local notebook is created on your device and stored in your Mac folders or your iPad Outline. You can check the location of your notebook by double-tapping the notebook's cover > Properties > Location on iPad:
Or by right-clicking on the notebook's cover > Properties > Location on Mac:
a) How to restore your local notebook on Mac:
- Search for the notebook location.
- Open notebook in Outline:
b) How to restore your local notebook on iPad:
- How to restore a cloud storage notebook closed in Outline
- Opening the cloud located notebook in Outline:
1. Tap / click the "+" button at the top of the notebooks list; 2. Open from: iCloud / OneDrive / Box / Dropbox / SharePoint / WebDAV
￼You can move local notebooks to cloud storage to prevent the loss of information. Even if it gets accidentally deleted from such storage, it is possible to get it back.
Still got questions? Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We are happy to help you!