How to restore a notebook closed in Outline
Please note: if you close the local notebook in iPad Outline, it will be lost, make sure you have the backups enabled when working with local notebooks on iPad.
- How to restore local notebooks closed in Outline
You can also have the cloud synced notebooks. Such notebooks are located on the cloud storage and Outline opens their local copies. Cloud synced notebooks can always be opened from the cloud, even from another device.)
A local notebook is created on your device and stored in your Mac folders or your iPad Outline. You can check the location of your notebook double-tapping the notebook's cover > Properties > Location on iPad:
Or right-clicking on the notebook's cover > Properties > Location on Mac:
a) How to restore your local notebook on Mac:
- Search for the notebook location.
In case the notebook was saved in another folder, please use the Search function to locate it on your Mac.
- Open notebook in Outline:
or Box > open the notebook folder from the location where you have found it.
b) How to restore your local notebook on iPad:
To prevent the loss of information in local notebooks on iPad, please make sure your notebooks get backed up regularly. To set the backup go to Settings > Backups > Enable backup. You can also set the frequency of backup and back up manually with "Backup now" option.
- How to restore a cloud storage notebook closed in Outline
- Opening the cloud located notebook in Outline:
1. Tap / click the "+" button at the top of the notebooks list;
2. Open from: iCloud / OneDrive / Box / Dropbox / SharePoint / WebDAV
You can move local notebooks to cloud storage to prevent the loss of information:
1. Double-tap the notebook cover;
2. Properties > Location > choose the cloud storage (iCloud, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, Sharepoint).
Or you can make the copy of the notebook by exporting it to iTunes:
Tap the cover of the notebook > Export > iTunes.
Export and Import Notebooks via iTunes.
2. Move the notebook folder to your cloud storage folder (iCloud, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, Sharepoint).
How to move local notebook to the cloud storage.
1. Create new OneDrive located notebook in OneNote;
2. Open this notebook in Outline ("+" button > Open from OneDrive);
3. Move all the sections of your Outline notebook to OneDrive located notebook.