Upgrading to Outline Version 4: A Step-by-Step Guide
The article is about Outline for Mac v3 purchased from Outline Store
Upgrading to the latest version of any software can often be intimidating, especially if you're not tech-savvy. But, upgrading to Outline version 4 Pro from version 3 is easier than you might think. With a few simple steps, you'll be up and running in no time.
Firstly, it's important to note that Outline has moved to a subscription model from June 1st, 2023, so you can only activate version 4 with a new license file, or a v3 file purchased less than a year ago. Older licenses work exclusively with the previous version 3.
To upgrade to Outline version 4, follow these steps:
- Go to the Outline website and download the latest version of the app.
- Once the download is complete, go to Finder > Downloads.
- Select Outline and move it to Applications.
- Click "Replace" to replace the old version with the new one.
Another option is to move Outline version 3 to the Trash and then download the new one. However, you should definitely move Outline app from Downloads to Applications via Finder in order to have updates automatically.
- Then you need to activate the license file. You can read more here.