Syncing with Dropbox, Box, and GDrive
One of the great features of the Outline app is its ability to sync notes across different devices and platforms. In addition to iCloud, Outline also supports syncing with Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive.
To get started with syncing, you need to install the Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive app. Next, after creating an account or logging into an existing one, you can connect your Outline app to the cloud storage service of your choice.
Create a New Notebook
- Open Outline on your Mac.
- Click on the + near NOTEBOOKS > Create New Notebook.
- Enter a name and choose a cover’s color.
- Click on the folder near the Location and choose Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive > Save.
For smoother working, please go to the cloud folder via Finder, click on the notebook, and choose Make Available Offline.
Access the Current Notebook
- Open the Outline app on your Mac.
- Click on the + near NOTEBOOKS > Open from Local, Dropbox or Box.
- Select a notebook folder from the storage > Open.
You can also move your notebooks from a local drive or another file storage. After the transfer, don't forget to reopen them in the app.
Most of the cloud services do not allow simultaneous edits, so make sure that you are editing your files on one device at a time only. Otherwise conflict copies might be created.
Once you have connected your Outline app to your cloud storage service, any changes you make to your notebooks on one device will automatically sync to your cloud and other devices. You can also share your notebooks with others by giving them access to the folder in your cloud storage service where you are storing your notebooks.
If you have any issues or questions, don't hesitate to contact our support team for assistance.